Map of our Travels

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Junior park ranger dramatics

Emmett and Coltrane have been earning badges at all the national Parks we visit. Usually there is a book to complete with activities like word searches, bingo, coloring pages and the like. The Olympic National park booklet had something a little different, a touch of the dramatic. The last page was entitled "Park Poet". You had to write a little poem about something you saw or felt while in the park. The boys decided to write about the coast, the beach especially.
Here is Em's poem with some help from me.
Beach
Strong, fast
Ebb and flow
I love powerful waves
Ocean.
The poems were " cinquain" style or that is what the sheet told me.
OK- Here is Coltrane's poem with no help.

Man
Will walk
Man will die
On the wavy ocean
Boy.

Heavy, I know.  LOL.
I think the ranger who checked his booklet out didn't know what to say.
I tried to help her out. I said," Coltrane is kind of deep."
She said " I can see that." :)

1 comments:

Nanci said...

Just awesome!!!! My love to the boys!

Post a Comment