Map of our Travels

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Trying to get to the robot hut

Roadside America is my new
favorite website. I was searching for something quirky to see in WA state and I stumbled upon the robot hut. There is a guy in Elk, WA who is way into robots. He has built a museum dedicated to them. He has studied old science fiction movies and rebuilt the robots from them. Rad!
Of course there is a glitch. You have to send this guy an email to show that you are serious about robots and prove yourself to be worthy to visit his masterpiece. Damn! What pressure! !
I just finished my email to him explaining how Coltrane has liked robots from the womb. I also got into Carl's love of science fiction. I am as nervous as when I applied to college. Will he like my delivery?  Was it overkill?  Was I not personal enough?
I should hear back in a day or so.  Let you know how it turns out.

WWW.robothut.com

1 comments:

papaluca said...

word of advice....don't rely to heavily on this website, it once lead us 200 miles into the corn fields of indianna, in search of the worlds largest golf ball. we found it rolling around some farmers front yard. we watched in dissapointment as he casually rolled it off to the side and continue mowing???

Post a Comment