Map of our Travels

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

FLORIDA

The state of Florida is the tale of the good, the bad and the ugly. The weather is fantastic, like really incredibly mild and pleasant. We went to the beach, swam in the water, frolicked with the birdies ( you get the picture ). We loved being there. It was like we were on vacation from our year long vacation, if you know what I mean.
OK...now the problems with Florida.... ...it is busy in many of the towns. Driving in the state is downright treacherous.  We almost got hit twice by crazy folks.  I mean it isn't that hard to see us coming , right? We are in a bright white, 27 foot long RV covered with bumper stickers.  If you can't see us, you definitely need some glasses.
Oh, and Orlando, although fun, is such a rip off. You tell me why it has to cost 500 dollars for a family to go to an amusement park. Pleeease!
All that aside, the coasts are beautiful and we found some killer places. I think our favorites were Mexico Beach on the emerald coast and San Sebastian Inlet on the Atlantic. We also thought ST. Augustine was awesome.
We saw alligators everywhere. I also saw anough snowy egrets to last a lifetime. They are gorgeous birds,  by the way.
I could go on and on about the good and bad of Florida, but I wont bore you.  The good did outweigh the bad, that is for sure.  I think it is a state where you have to put some work in to find the gems. But once you find those places, you are definitely sold on the state of Florida.
Pics.





0 comments:

Post a Comment