Map of our Travels

Thursday, February 16, 2012

It has been awhile

I have not written a blog post in a couple of weeks. We have had a fantastic time visiting folks and I just got so busy. I this New Orleans was the last place I updated.
We went pretty quickly through Alabama and Mississippi. We mainly stayed on the coast and not the big guns like Biloxi and Montgomery. One thing that stuck with us is that the gulf was demolished by hurricane Katrina and Ike.  There are so many places that are still trying to rebuild. I cannot imagine how bad it looked back when the initial damage occurred.  There were so many piers completely crumbled and many houses, especially in the poorer towns, demolished beyond repair.
I think our next family adventure will include a habitat for humanity component.  There are so many Americans in dire need of housing. This seems to be especially true in the southern gulf states.

1 comments:

Amy Gall said...

There is a Habitat for Humanity chapter up here in the North Country. They usually don't take kids under the age of 16 to work on the job site, but families can donate prepared food to the volunteer-workers.

Post a Comment