Map of our Travels

Thursday, July 14, 2011

When your kiddos discover Pink Floyds The Wall

So, we went to the rock an roll hall of fame a couple of days ago and it was cool. We saw some amazing stuff. They had a huge Beatles collection. By far, the boys favorite thing was the installation from the Wall. They had a huge brick wall with big puppets, etc from the movie and the tour. Very cool. The boys wanted to know all about it. Try to explain The Wall to a 5 year old, I dare you. Tis no easy task. When we got home that night they wanted to hear the album in its entirety. They loved it! They fell asleep to it. It was one of those special moments.... first steps, first words, first listening of The Wall. :)
PS I liked the Kim Gordon and Kim Deal sections. Everyone loved the Ziggy Stardust outfits, but how could you not?!?!
-kerri

2 comments:

emily said...

I love it!

I am stumped, trying to even wrap my brain around explaining The Wall to a 5 year old. I would have loved to hear you guys do it. :)

Carl said...

It isn't easy! Playing the album for them, they get to interpret it however they want. I don't think they are quite ready for the movie!

Post a Comment