Map of our Travels

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First big holiday on the road

Halloween just came and went and it went off without a hitch. I must admit that I wondered if we could pull it off. Being away from home kind.of.changes things. Usually we go to the Haverhill library and then trick or treat at night in north Haverhill.
Well, this year worked out perfectly.  We were visiting some great friends in Durango, CO and it was an amazing place to celebrate Halloween.
First,  we went to.downtown Durango where all the businesses gave out candy to the kiddos. Then, we had some local microbrew at Carvers and on to a bit more trick or treating. The kids had a blast and got lots of candy.
At midnight in Durango there was a zombie walk down.main.street, but Carl and I didn't make it. We were exhausted.
Oh, I also forgot to mention that we decorated the RV for Halloween, carved pumpkins, watched a few Halloween movies, etc. It all worked out great.
Now, on to Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Two things I know.for.sure: I will not be cooking Turkey dinner in the RV and we will not be having a tree. Other than that, the sky is the limit.



0 comments:

Post a Comment